1. We could do nothing without our team. We are very happy that our people are more and more successful and they balance their work and personal life. It’s great that in September 2018:
/ Patrycja Niemczyk succeeded to finish postgraduate studies regarding transfer pricing in SGH;
/ Michał Solarski and Agnieszka Kostrzewska passed an exam for the trainee attorneys and are going to start their attorney training;
/ Marta Ciesielska and Łukasz Lewandowski became Executive MBA lecturers on one of most renowned Poznan university;
/ Michał Jackowski joined a sub-group for medical IOT devices created by Ministry of Digital Affairs;
/ Łukasz Lewandowski trained a group of judges from Gryfino, Myślibórz and Poznań in important matters regarding civil proceeding and IT. Thanks to his involvement the courts are better prepared to proceed in more innovative way. He published also an interesting report in a quarterly Restructuring Advisor – it is a comment to precedent Supreme Court judgment regarding liability of a shareholder in a partnership for company’s debts in case the company concludes an arrangement with its creditors. We remind that Łukasz won such a case few months ago.
2. Tomasz Zgoda, Wiktoria Zielińska and Julita Wilbik-Klimek prepared a full documentation regarding the issuance of bonds for a production company and registered it successfully in the National Court Register.
3. Paweł Kuźmiak, Marcin Palusiński and the whole tax advisory team continued to prepare transfer pricing documentation for several clients (groups of companies) and succeeded to file necessary motions and declarations to tax authorities before the statutory deadline – September 30.
4. Łukasz Szmit, Marta Lasota and their debt recovery department won a public tender leading to a 3-year contract for one of biggest public service providers. The department was recognized by the contractor as highly innovative and automated provider of full range of debt management services.
5. Just 6 months after our client implemented our debt management program, Łukasz Szmit and his debt recovery department decreased debtor’s outstanding late payments from 20 million to 5 million PLN. We brought to our client (one of the biggest private universities),15 million PLN of working capital needed for necessary investments.
6. Natalia Cieplińska and Mateusz Muniak provided advisory for a client who produces and places on the market a new line of cosmetics. In September they helped to establish legal and financial conditions of cooperation between the client and its partners and prepared first cooperation agreements. Natalia Cieplińska and her team prepared also a management option scheme and audit of benefits for our client’s – IT company.
7. Michał Jackowski, Natalia Cieplińska and the whole IT law team succeeded to close over 10 IT agile contracts for biggest Polish software house.
8. Our investment team with Jakub Depa, Marta Dziewulska and Kinga Kozłowska-Witek completed together with our client – one of the biggest construction companies operating in Europe – a contract regarding construction of a Polish motorway. Also, our efforts helped the client to finish all the works within the expected time for completion. DSK team submitted claims regarding additional time for completion, additional costs including costs of archeological research and changes of technological parameters bringing some extra savings to both contract parties. The claims were recognized by the General Directorate of Roads and Motorways – over 60 days of additional time and over 42 million of additional remuneration were granted.
9. Public procurement team led by Marta Dziewulska, Jędrzej Witaszczak and Anna Loch succeeded to win another appeal proceeding in National Appeals Chamber for a client – IT equipment supplier. Due to our appeal a tender bid of a competitor was rejected as abnormally low.
10. We are not only lawyers. Important part of our investment team are engineers. Thanks to our combined – legal (Marta Dziewulska) and engineering (Karol Przyborski) support, our client building the motorway succeeded to separate one section of the works on the road and was granted additional time for completion exceeding 100 days.
11. And last but not least 🙂 10 of our team members and Partners took part in 2018 Poznan Business Run – a charity sport event. For the first time DSK designated two teams to this relay-race, and both made great scores! The DSK Team 1 finished at 92 place (out of over 700 teams – improvement of more than 150 places! Team 2 ran for the first time this year).