Ranking of law firms
According to 2019 Ranking of Law Firms in Poland, published by a national economic-legal journal “Rzeczpospolita”, DSK has placed on the 3rd position (ex aequo) in terms of the number of legal advisors in Greater Poland Region and in TOP 15 legal firms operating outside Warsaw.
/ The personal development and our team members’ successes build the prosperity of the entire firm:
– Julita Wilbik-Klimek and Mateusz Muniak have passed the vocational examination – the IT Law Department has been enlarged by two attorney-at-law (we are glad and proud!)
– Patrycja Niemczyk has been admitted to the MBA Poznań-Atlanta students group (at the Economics University in Poznań) – congratulations!
/ Something is over, something begins – we welcomed new people to the Debt Management Team: legal advisor Justyna Rydzewska and two debt specialists: Dominika Olszak and Michał Wróbel.
DSK in the role of experts
/ IT Law Department gave lectures at the events organized by SODA (foreigners’ employment in the IT sector) and Blockchain Alliance (Compliance in the blockchain business);
/ Michał Jackowski participated in the discussion panel during the Innovative Lawyers Conference;
/ Wojciech Romanowski from Debt Management Department participated in the debate, which concerned the impact of new legal regulations on the assignment of claims during the professional conference;
/ Investment and Public Procurement Department Team took part in several events:
– Marta Dziewulska discussed during the debate on the infrastructure valorization contracts, and Monika Kowalczyk gave a speech on the Self-government Road fund at the 7th Congress of Polish Infrastructure organized by TOR in cooperation with the DSK;
– Tomasz Wojech gave a presentation during the National Scientific Conference: „Law in the construction sector”;
– representatives of the Investment practice participated also at the Premium Real Estate Summit.
/ Tax Department continues cooperation with PARP (Polish Agency For Enterprise Development) – an article by Marta Chorzępa-Starosta about split payment in Poland was published in Euro Info bulletin, and the next number of the bulletin will be enriched by an article regarding the Polish tax law written by Patrycja Niemczyk.
– Corporate and IT Law Department won new clients: Unimot (legal support in a complex transaction), IT firms – Espeo Software, IT Craft, SoftwareMill, Zensar Technologies from India and Area Technologies form the UK;
– Debt Management Department established relationships with new clients form the loan sector (Ten Finance Ltd), property management (MPGN Grudziądz Sp. o.o.) and private university (WSHiU – The University of Commerce and Services in Poznań);
– The Investment Support and Public Procurement Department has started cooperation with WPIP, and the main areas of legal support are public procurement and disputes with commercial investors.
/ The corporate team and IT law participated in several cases related to intellectual property law and M&A:
– As a result of the DSK’s requests, two entities which have violated the intellectual property rights of our client carried out the immediate rebranding without the need to enter to judicial process.
– We support a British Client in proceedings before the European Union Intellectual Property Office against infringement of the intellectual property rights that has been going on for many years, blocking access to a large part of the European market.
– We participated in the acquisition of shares by Unimot S.A. – the operator of the blinkee.city platform. As a result/consequence of the DSK support, the parties concluded an investment agreement that enabled the development of electromobility in Poland.
/ Debt Management Department in the second quarter of 2019 enforced 21 million PLN of clients’ past – due amounts.
/ Investment Management Team won a case concerning the investor’s joint liability for subcontractor’s remuneration.
/ Tax Team obtained a positive interpretation for the client in the scope of applying for the R+D tax relief, completed transfer pricing projects successfully and supports clients in the field of IP BOX implementation – also with success.